Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 2000 messages Options
1 ... 58596061626364 ... 100

YVR flight consolidation/JFK retimed

seven13
PR starting mid March will consolidate its YVR ops into 7X service with PR116 being axed in lieu of aircraft rotation for CEBLAX service. YVRJFK service will be retimed from overnight flying to mid afternoon dep from YVR and late night arr in JFK. I was checking YVR airport website and was surprised to find out that only CX and PR flies YVR-JFK route, there's none for EWR nor LGA. I was thinking if would it have any impact on load factor on the YVRJFKYVR leg since it'll have a retimed dep and arr from both cities. Do you think?

Re: YVR flight consolidation/JFK retimed

tigz
That all depends on customer satisfaction regardless of timing. Obviously, CX is an airline of first choice!

New seats on the A350/A330

seven13
There should be a % of passengers travelling the YVRJFK sector that would appreciate the choices available for them for a particular time frame. I guess, we can look at the monopoly CX will be having again on its time slot and PR on its new time frame.

-------------------------

Currently PR is celebrating its 75th anniversary and they have a display in SMX the possible choices for ECY and JCL seats for the B777, A350 and A330.

Thompson Vantage (XL), what happened to the Zodiac Cirrus Reverse Herringbone?

Geven Piuma (ECY), Recaro CL3710 (ECY) and BE Pinnacle (ECY)

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

Evodesire
I saw the pictures too in PPSG.

I think the Thomson Vantage XL are going to the A330s. And it seems like they are about to have IFEs also in ECY.

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

Solblanc

We know that Zodiac has production issues, so it may not be an option. But anyway, was only Thomson Vantage XL shown? No other JCL seats?

Another issue is the 77W configuration. The two new 777s coming in this December should have new seats. Question is, which one?

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

tigz
The economy seats are looking thinner and flimsier than before no matter how they pitch ergonomics! Sign of the times, so they can sell special economy. Don't know with PAL.

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

seven13
Yes. Only the Thompson was displayed. I think it's already confirmed with the A330 that it'll be using the Thompson Vantage, but not sure if it's the XL or not. I like the Zodiac Cirrus reverse herringbone, however, as it gives each passenger amore private space. ECY choices seems to be less desirable in terms of looks, but maybe the color could do the trick!

With the impeding reconfig of the monoclass, is PR keeping the configuration of the 876X series to be deployed to the middle east so that a high density seating could provide cheaper fares for our kababayans, who tend to be price sensitive?

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

ewh1
I'm really curious as to what their choices are for Premium Economy.  The selections seem to indicate that they plan to offer a regular economy seat with extra legroom. Does anyone have any insight as to what their plan is?

Personally, the Recaro economy seats look very interesting.

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

chowpau
seven13 wrote
With the impeding reconfig of the monoclass, is PR keeping the configuration of the 876X series to be deployed to the middle east so that a high density seating could provide cheaper fares for our kababayans, who tend to be price sensitive?
Word I heard it will be all of the A330

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

seven13
chowpau wrote
seven13 wrote
With the impeding reconfig of the monoclass, is PR keeping the configuration of the 876X series to be deployed to the middle east so that a high density seating could provide cheaper fares for our kababayans, who tend to be price sensitive?
Word I heard it will be all of the A330
This would be really good for the regional, high yielding routes of PR (Japan and Korea) as well as Aussie and Honolulu. I wonder what's the plan with Middle East (maybe we can exempt AUH since I heard there were quite a number of complaints when a passenger books an EY ticket onto Manila ending on a PR plane for the AUHMNL vv sector, especially on J)

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

Evodesire
Would anyone have an idea if they are returning the A330s also to a 2-4-2 ECY configuration? With the new slogan and new direction of the PAL plus the new seats being teased, it seems like they want to transform back PAL into a full legacy carrier to compete with CX etc after RSA changed it into a hybrid to compete with Cebu Pacific.

If thats the case, will the present A321s be getting new seats too?

I wonder whats going to happen to PAL Express also...

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

maortega15
Evodesire wrote
Would anyone have an idea if they are returning the A330s also to a 2-4-2 ECY configuration? With the new slogan and new direction of the PAL plus the new seats being teased, it seems like they want to transform back PAL into a full legacy carrier to compete with CX etc after RSA changed it into a hybrid to compete with Cebu Pacific.

If thats the case, will the present A321s be getting new seats too?

I wonder whats going to happen to PAL Express also...
2-4-2 in EY is standard for the A330/A340 so if they will be returning to full legacy carrier, then its guaranteed. 3-3-3 are for the LCC and ULCC like Cebu and Lion Air.

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

chowpau
Evodesire wrote
Would anyone have an idea if they are returning the A330s also to a 2-4-2 ECY configuration? With the new slogan and new direction of the PAL plus the new seats being teased, it seems like they want to transform back PAL into a full legacy carrier to compete with CX etc after RSA changed it into a hybrid to compete with Cebu Pacific.

If thats the case, will the present A321s be getting new seats too?

I wonder whats going to happen to PAL Express also...
I read in the other portal (not scc) that the monoclass A330 will be reconfigured to tri-class 311 seats. The Mabuhay Class will have IFE (the dark blue seat shown at the picture above). Not sure what for Premium Eco and Economy but it will have IFE too in 2-4-2 layout. Unsure for the existing tri-class A330 which might return to the lessor.

A321, same portal said that it will be having the same configuration as QR or BR

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

maortega15
My question is what will be the pitch. 32" is standard so I feel that should be good enough.

They will obviously choose their own custom finish and trim for the seats. Any idea on the color of the seat covers and material?

Curious to know, does PR have enough slack to take out at least one frame for maintenance so it doesn't screw up their fleet planning?

Lastly, will the narrowbodies have IFE as well?

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

seven13
maortega15 wrote
My question is what will be the pitch. 32" is standard so I feel that should be good enough.

They will obviously choose their own custom finish and trim for the seats. Any idea on the color of the seat covers and material?

Curious to know, does PR have enough slack to take out at least one frame for maintenance so it doesn't screw up their fleet planning?

Lastly, will the narrowbodies have IFE as well?
I guess they can. They did downgrade KIX and NGO last year to A321 from the current A330. ICN currently operates 2X A321. HND which is currently served by daily each A330 and A321 could use a 2X daily A321 service again.

Maybe when the A321neo arrives, they'll be the first ones to have IFEs on ECY. The current A321s are being fitted with the WIfe, C9901 and 9915 as being the first 2 aircraft to have them.

Curious question on PR's current A340's

maortega15
I know that this question is moot now, but I'm curious to know why PR was flying white A340's at a time when they first acquired them from Iberia and Airbus? How come it was not painted prior to delivery? Was it because of the cost or lack of time?

If anything, they could've at least applied some decals, not just the registration but curious to know why it was just a white A340.

New seats on the A350/A330

Arianespace
Administrator
seven13 wrote
With the impeding reconfig of the monoclass, is PR keeping the configuration of the 876X series to be deployed to the middle east so that a high density seating could provide cheaper fares for our kababayans, who tend to be price sensitive?
I'm sorry to burst anyone's bubbles but it ain't happening.

What is, your seat dreams.

If we have to judge the seating arrangement of the A359 then we have to throw all your re-configuration arguments away, whatever the apparent sources is, because they are basically incompatible with how PAL dresses its brand new bird.

If it comforts everyone, the shown seats are for the incoming fleet, which simply mean the new ones. I never heard that they will be installed to existing fleet, other than installation of J seats to two of the A330's. Note, its not all.

And If I may say it again, no airline operator in the world is crazy enough to change all seats to a practically brand new plane. Whoever got that information is fantasizing what could have been.

I'm sure you are wondering why?

RSA's hybrid "strategy" did actually worked for them, particularly the Middle East. And they are still being implemented by today's management.

PAL experimented the idea of becoming a full legacy carrier again by doing AUH rounds but failed to gather enough warmbodies up front. On some time they ended up with empty roundtrip J seats that fielding the monoclass A330 turns out the most appropriate, until they decided to stop J service altogether and endorsed them to EY that happens to have better service than them.

What worked wonders for PAL and, if I may say fairly to CEB is the Y class to ME. So I supposed some of the ME-based OFW's can live without IFE's in exchange for some savings to spend back home.

With this thought, CX is trying to catch OFWs back with lower fares and IFE benefits which the local carriers don't provide. I've read almost everyone here wanted local carriers also to have this blings.

Meanwhile, I just had conversation with a couple of these OFW's and their answers surprises even you. Most of them, the hardworking men and woman of the ME just wanted to fly home the fastest and the cheapest. Because they are coming back pretty quick for work. So what's the benefit of IFE's when you lose some valuable time with your family? Damn right.
RSA figure it correctly.

As for the rest, they got the ME3 carriers at their disposal because it was given to them for free. Well, not actually free because they are part of their contract, and most likely a deduction from their wages. As for the regular workers, i.e. those with employment contracts, they pay their own fare. See the difference?

So why Middle East matters? Because it will become its gauge if PAL can successfully rally to become the airline they intend to be. A five star airline. As you may now know, the current airline strategy in ME is incompatible with the rest of the PAL network. It works well that it has now become a dilemma for them, or should we say their ambition.

Which begs us the question. How can you worked on something better that already works good?
Making Sense

Curious question on PR's current A340's

Arianespace
Administrator
maortega15 wrote
I know that this question is moot now, but I'm curious to know why PR was flying white A340's at a time when they first acquired them from Iberia and Airbus? How come it was not painted prior to delivery? Was it because of the cost or lack of time?

If anything, they could've at least applied some decals, not just the registration but curious to know why it was just a white A340.
On white tails, it is mostly the lessee that shoulders the painting. When it is return back it is also the lessee that paints them back to white tails again. It was not painted because they were deployed immediately to service.

By the way the plane is not owned by Iberia. But you can find everything Iberia on it inside.
Making Sense

Re: Curious question on PR's current A340's

peterpiloto
AFS (Airbus Financial Services) I heard. Wondering how those birds look right now. Took 3436 three years ago via PAL318, and it was just a few days fresh from a rebrand (not a full repaint) from the Iberia livery to the PR livery. Condition of the cabin and the lavatories were good, but the seat designs in Y really showed the age of the aircraft. The cabin only had an odor that resembled an expired underarm.

Re: New seats on the A350/A330

cabinpressure
Arianespace wrote
PAL experimented the idea of becoming a full legacy carrier again by doing AUH rounds but failed to gather enough warmbodies up front. On some time they ended up with empty roundtrip J seats that fielding the monoclass A330 turns out the most appropriate, until they decided to stop J service altogether and endorsed them to EY that happens to have better service than them.
I wonder what happens with the EY partnership now. But yeah, no surprise with the points you've raised regarding the new seats (or lack thereof). That being said, it's a bit sad that they would be essentially introducing old seats to a new plane. At least there's something to look forward to when the new 77Ws arrive.

LimaSierra wrote
AFS (Airbus Financial Services) I heard. Wondering how those birds look right now. Took 3436 three years ago via PAL318, and it was just a few days fresh from a rebrand (not a full repaint) from the Iberia livery to the PR livery. Condition of the cabin and the lavatories were good, but the seat designs in Y really showed the age of the aircraft. The cabin only had an odor that resembled an expired underarm.
Was on 3437 earlier this month. The seat upholstery were literally falling apart, but way more cushy than the new A321/A330s, so I didn't mind.
1 ... 58596061626364 ... 100