Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 2000 messages Options
1 ... 74757677787980 ... 100

PAL T1 Check In Setup

meronbopis
Does anyone on the forum have pics or narratives on the current PAL check-in/boarding experience in NAIA T1 (Middle East flights).  With some talk of PAL moving its international operations to T1, wondering if anyone has snapped or captured any of PAL's operations there.  Thanks!

Re: Dipolog Airport

Dash Alvin
Is ILS included in the bid?

Re: PAL T1 Check In Setup

Arianespace
Administrator
They are already moving most of its middle east flights to T1 since July 1. From experience, its way better than T2.

• PR 662 Manila – Jeddah (M-W-F)
• PR 668 Manila – Kuwait (T- TH-SAT-SUN)
• PR 656 Manila – Abu Dhabi (T- TH-SAT)
• PR 682 Manila – Dammam (M- T- TH-F-SAT)
• PR 684 Manila – Doha (M-W-F-SUN)
• PR 654 Manila – Riyadh (Daily)

Its old operation is however nice to look at

Here is the one I took

Making Sense

Re: PAL T1 Check In Setup

cabinpressure
Arianespace wrote
Its old operation is however nice to look at
What a nice picture. I see a 727 tail there!

PAL decides against using the A350 on London route

Arianespace
Administrator
PAL president Jaimie Bautista told CAPA that whether PAL is able to operate the flight daily year-round depends “on the requirement of the market”.

Interesting insight by CAPA on PAL's LHR route. According to JJB, 77W will stay in the market.

I however would believe otherwise, JJB statement notwithstanding. Airline planners are telling me that 77W deployment is only temporary as this route is destined to be operated by A350 in 2018 as the aircraft is too big for the market. It is true however that the first two A350 frames are destined for New York, and the third and fourth frames should be rotating to LHR on daily basis.

The reason apparently is quite simple, the UK market frowns upon infrequent services. As most of their passengers, particularly seating in the front, are UK-based, PAL is compelled to raise frequency to mend their flying behavior in their favor although  with bigger aircraft. The outcome to that decision is not quite good as they will surely have more empty seats at the back. They however have a decent load up front. That makes their choices more like a poison pill. Thus, the necessity of the smaller plane.

Lets see how it turns out next year!
Making Sense

Re: PAL decides against using the A350 on London route

maortega15
Arianespace wrote
[...]

How are the loads in both classes for LHR?

And with the A350, do you happen to know if seats have been chosen already? Hopefully, they'll choose aisle access for Business as well as a Premium Economy cabin too. IIRC, Premium Economy on the A330s are a test run to how well they sell.

Happen to know how Premium Economy is selling as well?

Thanks mate

Re: PAL decides against using the A350 on London route

Solblanc

The airfares for MNL-LHR for Christmas are ridiculously cheap at the moment. Try flying from other points in Europe, and it's pretty expensive, however, from LHR, all airlines have dropped their prices to reflect the relatively large increase in supply on the route.

PAL T1

seven13
Is it true that PAL is planning to utilize T1 for its international flights and consolidate domestic operations at T2?

PAL T1

Arianespace
Administrator
They are already using T1 and more flights are coming in December. All PR international together with current operators can't fit there. Nor can they move to T3.

This is what happens when the issue is immigration and Tugade is speaking. He doesn't know a thing about it, nor does Monreal.
Making Sense

PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

Travelbug_89
Well now, this just popped up on airlineroute http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274698/philippine-airlines-plans-nonstop-toronto-service-from-dec-2017/

IF the 77W can do JFK, This is probably cakewalk since its a bit shorter. Though going back to MNL, will there be empty seats?

Re: PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

maortega15
Travelbug_89 wrote
Well now, this just popped up on airlineroute http://www.routesonline.com/news/38/airlineroute/274698/philippine-airlines-plans-nonstop-toronto-service-from-dec-2017/

IF the 77W can do JFK, This is probably cakewalk since its a bit shorter. Though going back to MNL, will there be empty seats?
JFK is via YVR both ways.

YYZ has been converted to nonstop both ways from 1-stop via YVR.

Big difference.

They can go nonstop now as they have secured Russian overflight rights which means they can go polar where winds aren't much of an issue. When they launched YYZ, they didn't have Russian rights. It's easier to go TPAC eastbound especially in Winter due to strong tailwinds hence the stop in YVR from YYZ westbound.

Re: PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

Travelbug_89
I was referring to what someone said on an earlier thread that a 77W can do JFk non-stop without issue, not directly at the current routing.

But I figured Russian overflight rights should help and since it'll be a polar route, the strong headwinds during the winter shouldn't be an issue. I wonder if it'll stay 77W of will the A350 get swapped in later.

Re: PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

Solblanc

Definitely, there will be blocked seats on that flight. Though an A359 would theoretically do a better job at it.

The O/D fares must be really high to warrant the nonstop.

Re: PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

maortega15
Solblanc wrote
Definitely, there will be blocked seats on that flight. Though an A359 would theoretically do a better job at it.
And that's without taking a payload hit.

The 77W will be taking a payload hit, seats blocked along with cargo being left behind.

I still wonder what the numbers are on loads.

Re: PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

tigz
I think PR is relying on folks from New York connecting via YYZ for the non-stop to Manila, fares are pretty cheap between NewYork and Toronto. YVR to JFK is a longer stretch is a longer stretch plus the airport fees for PR so I'm sure there's a premium on the fares. Pinoys from Boston, Connecticut areas are also better off connecting in YYZ for the PR flight to Manila.

Re: PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

maortega15
tigz wrote
I think PR is relying on folks from New York connecting via YYZ for the non-stop to Manila, fares are pretty cheap between NewYork and Toronto. YVR to JFK is a longer stretch is a longer stretch plus the airport fees for PR so I'm sure there's a premium on the fares. Pinoys from Boston, Connecticut areas are also better off connecting in YYZ for the PR flight to Manila.
Depending on what part of Connecticut, you either have JFK or BOS.

While the fares can be cheap from NY to YYZ, you have to consider how cheap and travel time. You might as well fly from JFK/BOS and just connect in one of the Asian hubs to MNL or just get on the flight from JFK to MNL via YVR.

Re: PR118/PR119 Going Nonstop

yaroslav13
How come until now its not yet been verified and posted in the official website of Philippine Airlines? definitely i am one of those travellers from New Brunswick Canada that will benefit from this non stop Toronto - Manila Flight.

I'm talking about PR customers wanting flights via Canada since there are more flights between Toronto to New York or Boston than from Vancouver and vice versa. Personally, I prefer a short hop to a connecting flight before the long transpacific journey. Of course, one may opt for PAL via LA but I heard connections there can be chaotic with PAL.

PAL decides against using the A350 on London route

Arianespace
Administrator
maortega15 wrote
How are the loads in both classes for LHR?
I'm sorry I was not able to answer this question previously. I don't have the load figures for both classes. What I can tell you however is that they have almost 68% load factor on the A340 roughly equivalent to 170 daily passengers on the average per annum. Not bad isn't it? With healthy business class and belly loads that should work wonders. JJB is not complaining anymore. If at all, that should give you and indicator about this route.

As to the rest of your question I have no idea. I did not also asked

Meanwhile, double daily MNL-LAX has an average load factor equivalent to 66% on 77w per annum in 2016 and growing according to airline statistics.

Making Sense

Livery update for PAL?

cabinpressure
From the October 2017 issue of Mabuhay:
"From the Chairman: Before the year ends, we will unveil a new visual brand identity that is colorful and truly Filipino. This exciting new brand image will be visible in ads, airports, offices, aircraft - all facets of our operations. And we are not yet done with our transformation."

The brief "colorful and truly Filipino" concerns me with regards to the livery. But let's see!
1 ... 74757677787980 ... 100