Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 2000 messages Options
1 ... 75767778798081 ... 100

Re: PAL decides against using the A350 on London route

Unbreakable

Re: PAL decides against using the A350 on London route

eejayg
Rumour has it that PR might be getting a livery refresh before the end of the year. ;)

It might be as subtle as the font / 'roo' change that Qantas did or a full refresh like Air Canada. We might even see it on a 77W first.

PAL payment to DoTr

romantic_guy08

na threatened ata ang PAL

Re: PAL decides against using the A350 on London route

tigz
I hope not, PAL have the best livery now!

A330 refurb

romantic_guy08
@winglets747
Follow
More
Philippine Airlines will convert eight all-economy 414-seat A330s to three class 309 seat aircraft (business, PY, economy)
hmmm... thoughts?

Re: A330 refurb

seven13
5 ex-mono class has been flying. 80,84,85,86,89. HNL got the first reconfigured A330, followed by HKG, BKK, SYD,MEL,NRT,DXB, sometimes HND.

Re: A330 refurb

romantic_guy08
seven13 wrote
5 ex-mono class has been flying. 80,84,85,86,89. HNL got the first reconfigured A330, followed by HKG, BKK, SYD,MEL,NRT,DXB, sometimes HND.
from what I understand from his tweet, he's referring to the bi-class A333s... though I may be wrong in assuming that he meant ALL remaining A333s will be refurbished including those flying to the ME...

Re: A330 refurb

seven13
The tweet did mention all economy, 414.

Re: A330 refurb

airboy
only the mono-class 330s will get the refurbishing as of this time. it should be completed by the end of the year. the bi-class a330s flying to the middle east will keep their configuration at this time i guess.

Re: A330 refurb

seven13
Business wise, retaining the config of 876X is most likely. They need the capacity to be competitive in ME routes. Plus, they need the capacity during peak travel months, unless PR is able to mount additional frequencies to key Asian destinations.

What I'm curious is the upcoming A321neo. PR opted for a subfleet of 6 with 176 seats in total. And the article mentioned that PR will retain the 199 config with the remaining A321s.

Re: A330 refurb

Evodesire
They flew the tri-class A330 to DXB. Do you think they are now studying the possibility of converting the whole 330 fleet to tri-class if their numbers for ME flights would improve with the introduction of the newly configured ones? Seems to me that they are exploring things. Heard that from the time SYD had been getting the tri-class 330s, their load factor increased a lot and it is slowly putting a dent on 5J.

Re: A330 refurb

maortega15
Evodesire wrote
Heard that from the time SYD had been getting the tri-class 330s, their load factor increased a lot and it is slowly putting a dent on 5J.
How is the price compared to 5J? If it's similar, then PR has an advantage as their a/c has IFE and in a more comfortable configuration. Who wants to fly in a sardine can with no IFE for 7+ hours?

Re: A330 refurb

seven13
I think if we're strictly talking about LF, LF will definitely go up since there is a decrease in seats offered per flight. 50% LF from the bi-class is almost 59% Lf of the tri-class.

In my opinion, if PAL wants to continue flying to ME, they should keep the bi-class config. They did flew the tri-class to DXB, and the A340 as well. I think it's more of an operational requirement. Remember they had to send 876X to do PR218 for a week or 2?

Re: A330 refurb

Travelbug_89
I'm really curious as to what will happen to the two-class A330s maybe switch the seats and the economy config to 2-4-2 and business to 1-2-1 but keep it higher density and add personal IFEs? As for the tri-class A330s, hopefully they takeover NZ after the A340s are retired.

On a side note, I flew Asiana business class on OZ 203 LAX-ICN and OZ 202 on my return back to LAX and noticed quite a few Filipino passengers on board and even a Filipina FA. As for the service, it was excellent and the seats were pretty good for sleeping too. Hopefully PAL rolls out the 1-2-1 config to more planes soon especially the A350, it's really nice to have all that extra space and the window seats are quite private.

Re: A330 refurb

Evodesire
According to some people from PAL, the upcoming A321 NEOs will be having the Premium ECY seats found in the tri-class A330s on its BCL. Both A330 tri-class and A321NEOs will be having the same ECY seats. As for the A350, still got no idea but rumor has it that will be almost the same product as the tri-class A330s.

No matter what, this will be a huge improvement on PAL's product. Seems like full service is really working in their favor.

Re: A330 refurb

seven13
Seats were displayed before in PNB building, I forgot if the BCL seats for the A321 was the Vantage XL as well...but I'm inclined to believe it's a diff seat but lieflat too. Maybe similar to AAs?

Seems like the current ecy seats on the tri class is similar to the ones installed on 7778/9. The A350 is reported to have 295 seats in total.

Re: A330 refurb

maortega15
RP-C7778, RP-C7779 (Not sure if the Zodiac Z300 or Z400 or some other manufacturer)

A330 (http://www.zodiacaerospace.com/en/products-services/seats/passenger-seats/economy-class/5751-long-range)

Re: A330 refurb

Travelbug_89
^^ The seats on the 77W look very, very narrow

Re: A330 refurb

Aviationfly.com
We have created a free to use website www.aviationfly.com which shows all aviation training schools in the Philippines (Pilot training schools, aircraft maintenance technician schools and cabin crew training schools).

You will be able to see all the options available and possible financing options to lower the cost of training.

Philippines Aviation is booming and there is a huge requirement for skilled people!

Re: A330 refurb

seven13
Oopps my bad! I thought they were the same.
1 ... 75767778798081 ... 100