Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 2000 messages Options
1 ... 77787980818283 ... 100

Re: CNS ATM

Solblanc

Does this include coverage of the airspace above the west Philippine Sea?

CNS ATM

Arianespace
Administrator
This post was updated on .
Yes, although the military has a separate "Elta" system more sophisticated than the civilian radar variant.

cns atm map
Making Sense

PAL A321NEO

Evodesire
This post was updated on .
Any pictures of the upcoming PAL A321NEO? I read before that it's supposed to be delivered this January. When will they start coming in? I also previously read 30 A321NEOs, but in this January's Mabuhay Mag, it said 21. What happened to the remaining 9? To be converted to more A350s?

PAL A321NEO

Arianespace
Administrator

In the paint shop. Image courtesy from T. Gudat
Making Sense

Re: PAL A321NEO

eejayg
That is definitely not a NEO. The IAE engine is a dead giveaway.

That said, RP-C9930 should be out of the paint shop soon.

PAL A321NEO

Arianespace
Administrator
You have good eyes. That is what I was saying but that's in the flight line for next delivery.
Making Sense

Re: PAL A321NEO

Travelbug_89
All this chatter about A321s doing 8 hr flights got me thinking, will they try to launch Oz flights from other hubs?! That would be interestibg if they did

Re: PAL A321NEO

Evodesire
I think they plan to do MNL-BNE non-stop. Not sure if this can also fly MNL -AKL non-stop.

Re: PAL A321NEO

Solblanc

AKL is already long-haul, and even the LR would have trouble flying there.

However, CEB-SYD, is shorter than MNL-BNE, and that could be an attractive route in the future.

Re: PAL A340 Retirement

Travelbug_89
So there's news that RP-C3436 just got retired, one of the older A340s in the PAL fleet https://www.facebook.com/PinoyAviators022513/

PAL A340 Retirement

Arianespace
Administrator
Already painted white last time i saw it Monday as I was marveling BA A380.
Making Sense

Re: PAL A340 Retirement

Travelbug_89
That was quick! I wonder if RP-C3435 and 3437 are next.  Last year when i flew 3437 you can tell it was getting long on the tooth. The closets were getting very rickety and rattled quite a bit during takeoff and landing

Re: PAL A340 Retirement

Travelbug_89
All 6 A340s are going back to Airbus is that right?

PAL A340 Retirement

Arianespace
Administrator
Yes. They are. That is one of the reason why I flew them long haul before they are gone for good. Truly an amazing plane, depending of course to one's perspective. Good thing about 4 holers is that they are far quieter than triple seven and the new A350. Rode them multiple times so I have fair basis for comparison.
Making Sense

Re: PAL A340 Retirement

Travelbug_89
One of the reasons I like the A380 a lot.

It looks like the A340s are back on the HNL route on certain days and the tri-class A330s are also operating some of the middle east routes now, been seeing them on DXB and RUH runs lately

Re: PAL A340 Retirement

seven13
On some occassions it flies as PR658, not sure with PR654.
And I think C8782 is still in ints old mono class config. I wonder what happened there.

Re: PAL A340 Retirement

Travelbug_89
Thats odd so that means there's only 7 reconfigured frames right now.

Edit: i just took a look on airfleets.net, 8782 is reconfigured. Its recently flew Jeddah too. Makes me think that they may be thinking of reconfiguring all A333s?

Re: PAL A340 Retirement

Travelbug_89
A Wow Air A321NEO just did KEF-LAX and turned and is now on KEF-MIA. This plane is continuing to impress! https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/tf-sky#103b36db

PAL A340 Retirement

Arianespace
Administrator
Like what I said in the past, PR is short of two A330 frames with the schedule they are running. Take for instance now, 1 333 is doing PR1. That makes the A340 taking errands for 5xxx flights. It should be address soon with MEL and SYD equipment downgrade.
Making Sense

A321N

Arianespace
Administrator
Travelbug_89 wrote
A Wow Air A321NEO just did KEF-LAX and turned and is now on KEF-MIA. This plane is continuing to impress! https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/tf-sky#103b36db
Unlike PAL though they don't carry at least 25kg. of passenger baggage. Leisure market at most carry 10kg of baggage. More like same as the PAL variant, except for the market. Also, PAL A321N can fly the same sector like this February, its almost the same distance to BNE. Doubt however if CEB will be successful with the same seat count of 200 and route sector. Its A330 has already been victim of our famous trait flying back home that it had to bump some boxes just to reach MNL.
Making Sense
1 ... 77787980818283 ... 100