Airlines in the Philippines

Locked 2000 messages Options
1 ... 82838485868788 ... 100

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

Travelbug_89
Could that have to do with the lack of payload/capacity? The 787 is on the smaller side for a widebody.

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

Unbreakable
Arianespace wrote
Yes. In so far as their long haul fleet is concerned. I was discussing this in the other thread before. Both their largest planes are 77w's and ordered more. Both fly the A330s and the A340s as well as the erstwhile B747 and they have mutual dislike to the B787. Both ordered the A359s and both shy away from the A380.  Note also that in all its instance, it was always CX that ordered first followed by PR. So we should be watching closely the 35X coming up.
TK also has a similar makeup with 77w as flagship and 330s as regionals. only difference is TK uses 737s. interior hard product is also same as PR with the same lie flat seats in J, while economy seats are also similar, albeit in 3-3-3 config.

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

inSPECStor
The Zodiac Aura Enhanced seats are full flat :)

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

inSPECStor
Disliked is such a strong word. I'd say Airbus provides the right amount of package. Plus it also helps having a common fleet.

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

seven13
That’s what I’ve noticed too. And also I thought, PR following the cues from CX has to do with its own economics and mathematics. I do sense that PR’s current fleet of 15 A330 is lacking, an additional frame should relieve them from irreg ops on some routes once one goes into service/tech.

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

Solblanc
seven13 wrote
That’s what I’ve noticed too. And also I thought, PR following the cues from CX has to do with its own economics and mathematics. I do sense that PR’s current fleet of 15 A330 is lacking, an additional frame should relieve them from irreg ops on some routes once one goes into service/tech.
This is where the 251t A330-900 neo becomes interesting. I can imagine PAL ordering a few at farnborough as it can reinforce existing routes as well as start more European or North American points.

PR Widebody Fleet Planning

Arianespace
Administrator
junction
seven13 wrote
And also I thought, PR following the cues from CX has to do with its own economics and mathematics.
Well yes. It has more to do with economics and mathematics.

Consider it like this as was explained to me, the 350 is the better plane than the 787 which is the better plane than compared to the 330. Same scenario happens when you apply the range and the comfort levels. The 350 seats better at 9 abreast than 787 while it also seats better at 8 abreast than 330. Range wise, the 350 flies longer than the 787 which flies longer than the 330. Note the selling points here was the range in conjunction with the number of seats for their intended destinations, i.e. Europe and North America.

This is exactly the same reason why UAE chooses the 787 because it was the better plane for the 4-5000nm sector considering that it is way lighter than the 350 which is made for long haul which was the basis of PAL and CPA orders. If we make it at 7000nm, fortune change between these aircraft as the 359 will have the advantage no matter how you look at it.

Even if we consider the 339 at 251t, the 787 still is the better plane at 4-5000nm sector because it has wider seats and carries more payload. If you look at brochure figures intended for airlines and its different possible configurations and compare it with the other, then you would understand.

FYI, the 787 was made because of the 330 killing the 767, while the 350 was made to answer the 787 prompting reply with 77X. The 767 is dead but the 330 keeps on going like an energizer bunny and successfully catching up against the plane that was designed to kill it. The MTOW difference is only 3 tonnes. Meanwhile, the 350 is slowly distancing itself away towards the 77x competition.

But that is still a paper plane as John Leahy put it. There is no doubt about its possibility being better considering the 77w was likewise a better plane than its former competition but has no chance against its newest rival.
Making Sense

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

maortega15
B77Wflyer wrote
I'm Intrigue by the fact that both PR and CX dislike the B787 what could be the reason ?
A mix of range, seating capacity, cargo and economics.

CX's 773's still have a lot of life left in them (they'll also be picking up 5 ex-EK 773's), but eventually, you'll have to think of their replacements. The 78J seems to be the most logical replacement as it's more suited for short missions (unless Boeing decides to stretch the 78J even further)

New T2 Mabuhay Lounge Update + PAL University

idp5601
Now that PR will move all its international operations out of T2 and into T1, what will happen to the under-construction lounges in both terminals? Will they continue working on the T2 lounge or will it be canned and the new T1 lounge expanded?

In other news, this month's issue of Mabuhay says that PAL will open a new training facility by this year, with 'simulators, airport and airline mock-ups' as well as 'classrooms equipped with cutting-edge training equipment', according to the magazine.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but PR doesn't have its own simulators yet, right?

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

Travelbug_89

Re: New T2 Mabuhay Lounge Update + PAL University

maortega15
idp5601 wrote
Now that PR will move all its international operations out of T2 and into T1, what will happen to the under-construction lounges in both terminals? Will they continue working on the T2 lounge or will it be canned and the new T1 lounge expanded?
I'm sure it can still be put to use for domestic flights with Business Class, but how many domestic flights are there with Business Class?

Re: New T2 Mabuhay Lounge Update + PAL University

chowpau
used to have. One was a B737 simulator

It's gonna be great for those who hold status with PR. A nice spacious lounge will ensure their loyalty to PAL for domestic flights, no matter how much cheaper the 5J fare may be. And 5J isn't all that much cheaper.

Re: New T2 Mabuhay Lounge Update + PAL University

Arianespace
Administrator
idp5601 wrote
Now that PR will move all its international operations out of T2 and into T1, what will happen to the under-construction lounges in both terminals? Will they continue working on the T2 lounge or will it be canned and the new T1 lounge expanded?
Will proceed as usual. PAL will however receive refund from MIAA which most likely will be off-set from rent due to contractual amendments.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but PR doesn't have its own simulators yet, right?

Making Sense

Re: New T2 Mabuhay Lounge Update + PAL University

idp5601
Ah, I stand corrected then.
What aircraft is that sim for?

Re: New T2 Mabuhay Lounge Update + PAL University

chowpau
A320

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

crusher.wake
Since PAL will be receiving the A321neos anytime now, does anyone know the seats that will be used in business class? All we know is that it will be fully flat but other than that, the seats themselves are a mystery.

PR Widebody Fleet Planning

Arianespace
Administrator
I was of impression that A359 replaces A340. After all that was what they were saying before. Now it seems there is a new kid on the block to do just that. Interesting.
Making Sense

What is it? The A330neo?
ano

Re: PR Widebody Fleet Planning

ano
B/E diamond seats for the new 321s. Nice.
1 ... 82838485868788 ... 100